Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Maytag. Neptune front load washer error code Lr book says…

Customer Question
Maytag. Neptune front load...

Maytag. Neptune front load washer error code Lr book says motor problem and call repair service. Any thoughts?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

13 years old started making load noise on spin cycle recently

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No deciding to repair or replace could it be just a belt?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that is it. Thanks

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
12/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 month ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.
Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

The Lr error code stand for locked rotor, which means the electronic control board can not see the motor burn .

And this error code would not be caused by a broken belt.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Model number MAH5500BWW

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model

do you ever see the inner tub tumble or spin?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
in the past but the spin cycle is not working now.

ok so if it does not spin does the inner drum tumble during a wash or rinse mode?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not sure as it doesn’t work unless the door is closed

if you put clothes in it doe they come out the same way you put then in the unit.

The Lr is saying the electronic control is not seeing the motor run .if the motor does not run at all then the inner drum should not be turning at all .

I`m trying to find out if it is moving or not!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry I cannot get to respond to any commands

ok so now the unit will not even start at all is that correct?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
door is staying locked
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Drum does not rotate at all.

Ok if the drum never moves I will assume that the motor never moves either.

And since your getting the Lr error code!

Then I recommend that you replace the motor control board .

For me to give you the correct part number I need the first three digits of the unit serial number please?

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.

Master Tech
Master Tech