Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Kenmore Elite front load washer. For the past few…

Customer Question
We have a Kenmore...

We have a Kenmore Elite front load washer. For the past few weeks, it has intermittently refused to unlock at the end of the wash cycle and would display CLL SRV. Usually, power cycling a it a few times would resolve the issue. Now, the door won't latch (power on or off), and I can yea the lock solenoid trying to engage but the door won't lock either. At first I thought control board, but now thinking it's the lock/latch assembly. Mu question is...would that trigger the error code?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model is 417.41102000. Its about 5 years old I think...not sure. And I checked the error code...it's showing E42

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think that's all

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Yes it is just a bad door latch and yes that would trigger that code. I would just replace the latch. It is easy to change out, just remove the top of the unit or the front tub boot to install it and a couple screws and the plugs. CLICK HERE PART and CLICK HERE VIDEO EXAMPLE

Happy Holidays..All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!