Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a question about panasonic microwaves. My old model…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question about panasonic microwaves. My old model (NN-H76SWFx) died. I calculated the cubic footage at 2.2 cu feet and I ordered a model no. NN-SW936W. It just arrived and I found that it is much heavier than my previous model and 2 inches longer. I have not taken it out of the box because I am concerned I will need to return it. My question is that since this model has inverter technology, does that take up more space and add weight compared with my previous model?

Contractor's Assistant: What device is not powering up?

The magnetron on the old one burned out. So i ordered the new one. The question I have is that the new model is longer - does the inverter technology add weight and take up space for the mechanics of the microwave, or did I maybe calculate the square footage of my old model wrong and I should go for a smaller one?

Contractor's Assistant: How long have you had your NN-SW936W?

As I said, it just arrived. It is still in the box. I have not unpacked it because I thought that I may need to return it. Please answer my question: is it longer than the old model because the inverter technology (which my old model did not have) takes up more space but the cubic footage inside would be the same?

Contractor's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic product?

Are you reading from a required text? You do not seem to be reading my question.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No, please go ahead and connect me please. Thank you.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 4 days by:
1/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?