Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Yews we bought a Ge microwave/convection oven for our

Customer Question
Yews we bought a...

Yews we bought a Ge microwave/convection oven for our studio/guest house last year. Our oven in our main summer house just broke so we went to use the one in our guest house and were shocked to find a paper saying we can't cook over 350 degrees in canada. I have a convection/microwave in the our house in Vancouver and i never had a problem putting it up higher than 350. I have to admit I would not have wanted to buy this if I knew I was limited at 350. Doesn't really not go higher then 350

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

We bought it over a year ago and have never used it. I will have to go to the studio and look up the make and model. It's called the profile Conveiotn/microwave oven. We installed it above the counter.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No it's installed already and working, we've just never needed to use it as it's a guest house. It was installed by a professional when we built the kitchen My husband is wondering if the 350 applies to convection heating which would mean it is higher in regular heating. I'm going to go to the studio and get you the model number. I'll be back in a minute

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model number JVM1790SKC 01 Serial Number FZ300238k. My husband reminded me that we bought it 2 years ago but by the time we finished the kitchen it wasn't done until about year or so ago. It's never been used. We would really like to use it today until we get our new oven in the main house so we need to know about the temperature restraints

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 4 days by:
1/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

John, Home Appliance Technician