Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a dishwasher ,model DWHD440MFM/02, that is not

Customer Question
I have a dishwasher...

I have a dishwasher ,model DWHD440MFM/02, that is not shutting off and has a display code , E:15 w. a blue indicator light under the rinse aid; I,ve shut the power off and turned the power back on, and still have the same display; what can I do to resolve this? Thank-you

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Thermidor model DWHD440MFM/02

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

E15 means that water has gotten into the base pan below the dishwasher and it is now in flood mode. You've probably noticed that the drain pump will run all the time now as well. What that means is that water has worked it's way down into the base pan below the dishwasher tub causing the unit to do nothing but drain. This is normally caused by the drain being clogged or too many suds in the tub causing the tub to overflow a bit. Either way, you'll need to uninstall the dishwasher and tip it forward at a 45 degree angle to drain the water out of the base pan. Be sure to put a towel under the dishwasher first so that the water is soaked up in the towel instead of going all over the floor. Once you've drained all the water out of the base pan, reinstall the dishwasher and pour a gallon of water in the dishwasher. If it drains it out right away and doesn't wash or refill, you still have water left in the base pan to try again, otherwise you're good to go.

Now if you don't want to do all this work just to get your dishwasher working again and you have time, let the dishwasher just sit unused for a week and the water in the base pan will evaporate as time goes on and the dishwasher will start working again after a week.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.