Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Microwave stopped cooking. Inside spins now in both

Customer Question
Microwave stopped cooking....

Microwave stopped cooking. Inside spins now in both directions. What do you think the problem is

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

No. Just happened. Its above my stove and I was steaming some lobster tails. The steam go right up into the door and where the key pad is. its a model 16h702ses Serial # 078nw0gc06670c

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Nah...want a tech to fix it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Do you think the steam cuased the problem. My last microwave lasted for ever and had no issues with steam

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately on this unit the steam will go up into the door and into the electronics if you don't have the vent running on high. There is still steam that will go into the panel even if the vent is turned on, but it's much less so usually it doesn't cause a problem. Either way, I can't say if that is what caused the issue or not, but at this point the magnetron will need to be replaced if it still runs but doesn't heat and the turntable goes back and forth. The magnetron is about $150 for the part and the labor is about $150-175 if you had a technician come out and take the microwave down to replace the part. I'm not sure it's worth fixing, but that's completely up to you.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.