Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I need a drain valve for a ge gas hot water heater model…

Customer Question
I need a drain...

I need a drain valve for a ge gas hot water heater model PG40T9HA, sn# ***** I live in Colorado Springs, co. Is there a source in my town.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It was installed in April of 2000. The model number is ***** It is gas; it is 40 gal.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, unless I have to replace the entire unit. Right now, I would be fine with just installing a new drain valve; and yes, I would do that myself.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, if you could "tighten" me up with a new drain valve, I would be a happy camper.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
12/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 month ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

DO you just need the valve on the bottom of the unit to stop leaking?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It looks like the plastic above one of the o rings is broken and that is why it started leaking.

Home Depot sells this one that will work...CLICK HERE

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician