Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I need a drain valve for a ge gas hot water heater model…

Customer Question
I need a drain...

I need a drain valve for a ge gas hot water heater model PG40T9HA, sn# ***** I live in Colorado Springs, co. Is there a source in my town.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It was installed in April of 2000. The model number is ***** It is gas; it is 40 gal.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, unless I have to replace the entire unit. Right now, I would be fine with just installing a new drain valve; and yes, I would do that myself.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, if you could "tighten" me up with a new drain valve, I would be a happy camper.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

DO you just need the valve on the bottom of the unit to stop leaking?

It looks like the plastic above one of the o rings is broken and that is why it started leaking.

Home Depot sells this one that will work...CLICK HERE