Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

No heat on my dryer, Kenmore (stack) Laundry center about 9…

Customer Question
No heat on my...

No heat on my dryer, Kenmore (stack) Laundry center about 9 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I cannot find a model number, I think no older than 10 years.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just changed the control thermostat, The old one was bad I was thinking the high limit thermostat

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

open the dryer door the model /serial tag is on the inner face frame.

model***********
I have changed the control thermostat, can't figure out how to get to the High Limit thermostat, and heater

Sorry I had to go run out and pull one of my service trucks out of a ditch ,

The high limit thermostat is mounted on the rear interior wall and the dryer drum has to be removed to gain access to the heating elements but you can ohm out the heating element on the top left of the heating element heater housing.

Here is a parts break down ,

The heating element is item #15 and the high limit thermostat is item #36

https://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/R0306504-00001.png

To test the high limit thermostat and the heating element you can just remove he dryer top panel .

Thanks

No problem!

If you need parts info I can provide that to you also!

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me. I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.

This is not a free website.