Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a 12 year old Thermador microwave model MBBS/01 that…

Customer Question
We have a 12...

We have a 12 year old Thermador microwave model MBBS/01 that has power but will not cook. It does make louder sound which was our indication of something gone wrong. Any idea on a fix and is it worth it as it is not under any extended warranty?

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

No. Has that solved this issue in any known cases you have seen?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Up until now we have had no issues. Other than that, no.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That is a bad magnetron tube on the unit, they do not make the part any longer for that model. The magnetron tube is what does the heating. It is time to shop for a new one this year:( sorry

Happy Holidays..All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

ok, thank you!

no problem at all!