Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My washer will not release the water it went so far and the…

Customer Question
My washer will not...

My washer will not release the water it went so far and the message come up f 21

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I have had it about 13 years I have the duet sport ht the numbers on the front is 4619(###) ###-####1/w10029880

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is something easy to do I just don’t know what these codes mean. Since it would not go through the wash cycle I dipped the water out and put it through the clean cycle which after a few minutes of going through the F21 came up and now I have a washer with water in it again

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I try to get it to go through the drain cycle and I get F 01

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 6 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The F21 error is a drain error meaning the control has recognized its taking too long for the washer to drain so it it ends the cycle and gives the F21 error.

In most cases you can fix it by cleaning out the pump "coin" trap filter. If the error continues after cleaning out the filter then you will want to check the drain hose and tub to pump hose for any blockage that may be stopping up the hoses. If all that checks out and there is no blockage and the filter is clean then you will need to replace the drain pump. IF you need the replacement part number for the drain pump or directions to access the pump clean out please give me the correct model number of the washer. Open the door and you will find a tag on the frame behind the door that has the model and serial number listed on it, I will need that model number to give you model specific information, thanks.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.