Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool stove/microwave, and the display went…

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool...

I have a Whirlpool stove/microwave, and the display went out. The microwave still works in the dark, but the stove doesn't, tried resetting by turning off the breaker, but still out. Any ideas?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

February of 2006, Model #GMC275PRS01

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's an easy fix

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The stove doesn't get much use (Wife can't cook) but she tried to make a prime rib the day before it went out and set the temp at 500 degrees for 45 minutes.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

So if you press Bake and then start the oven will not come on? even if you have no display it should come on as does the microwave unit..

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

Correct, stove won’t turn on and no ohm meter

Ok good info.

If the microwave works and the oven does not come on and or the display / clock has no display .

Then you have an electronic control board /clock assembly that need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me. I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.