Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Legacy Series quiet series 300 dishwasher…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag Legacy Series quiet series 300 dishwasher that I purchased from Home Depot in 2007.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I will have to check for the model. The unit is approximately 9 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have the model number; MDB6601AWS

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Good morning. I don't see anything written as to your issue with the dishwasher. Can you please explain what is wrong with your dishwasher?

The unit model number is: MDB6601AWS
My problem is the water is not pumping out. I used the washer last night and left it unattended. Upon my return there was water all over the kitchen, dining room, etc. plus it was raining in the basement. When I opened the washer door I saw water coming into the washer from an opening on the left side. It looks like a vent but was flowing water. I shut the water feed to the sink and washer off and cleaned up the water.

OK unfortunately your electronic water valve stuck open under your dishwasher and the valve needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace to fix the issue but if there is damage to your house, I'd call your home owner's warranty because the dishwasher repair as well as other house damage will all be covered under warranty. Either way, below is a link to the valve and it's under the dishwasher in the front left corner.

CLICK HERE for valve

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.