Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

When I load dishwasher it flips to cancel and the add a dish…

Customer Question
When I load dishwasher...

When I load dishwasher it flips to cancel and the add a dish lights up

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Where is the make and model number?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model KDFE304DSSO

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

To be clear are you saying that you can select and start a cycle like normal, then it switches to cancel after awhile?

OK got it. Let's try to see what error you're getting. Turn the dishwasher off. Choose any 3 buttons on the control panel. Press them in the following sequence, 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between each button push.

Watch the clean light. It will flash "X" amount of times, then pause 2 seconds, and flash "Y" amount of times, then pause 5 seconds and start over again.

Can you tell me how many times X and Y are please?

The clean light did not flash. it went to cancel again. Should I unload and try to clean it?
are you there?

OK that is a problem with your control board then. Unplug the dishwasher or flip the breaker off to the dishwasher for 5 minutes. Try again and if the dishwasher still acts up and it won't pull up an error code---your main control board inside the door needs to be replaced. The part number is ***** and it's about $180.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.