Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our freezer is not freezing and our refrigerator is too

Customer Question
Our freezer is not...

Our freezer is not freezing and our refrigerator is too warm

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

We bought it in 2008. PFSS5NJX/PFSF5NJX

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No - only if there is something obvious that we could do from home. It is pluggged in, the light is on and the door has not been left open

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Okay, pull the unit out so you can get behind it. Remove the back lower panel to access the compressor area and condenser fan. Check and see if the fan is running and also see if the compressor is vibrating or not, plus see if the compressor is hot ,cold or warm to the touch. please post back to me with what you have found. Also note anything you have changed out part wise or have done and not mentioned in your original post. I am helping other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.