Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Maytag MAH8700AWW washer is giving 3E error. Sometimes…

Customer Question
My Maytag MAH8700AWW washer is...
My Maytag MAH8700AWW washer is giving 3E error. Sometimes the machine will start again right away upon pushing the start button but othertimes it will start only after a few minutes. The drum turns freely by hand. I did a quick spin test in the service mode and the motor went upto 1080 rpm without any issue. The resistance at motor harness connector CN9 is approx 5.9 between any 2 pins.I'm not sure if the issue is with the motor or the control board. I'd appreciate any help.
-G.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 6 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

Sorry for the delay in responding. Yes, I still need help.
Travis, please confirm that you're online and will call. I will then make the payment.

sorry if the site is offering the automatic phone call its not from me. Give me just a moment to pull up some information for you and I will be right with you.

your motor is reading 5.9 ohms where it should say 3.0 ohms so the motor is the problem and is going to need to be replaced.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Just to clarify and confirm, I checked the ohms resistance at the connector near the motor and on the female side of the connector (since that is what the connector looks like in the technical manual). Is this correct ? I'm just wondering now how the female side of the connector can detect motor issue since it connects to the control board.