Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE WPRB9220 washer fills with cold water. On hot setting,

Customer Question
My GE WPRB9220 washer...

My GE WPRB9220 washer fills with cold water. On hot setting, it starts with hot water for a few seconds then goes to only cold water. I assume the valve is good but some sensor is bad

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 8 years old wprb9220c1ww

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Unit is top loading and works well except for water temperature

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Forgot password ***** am having trouble resetting it. Hopefully I have reset it. Can you confirm if we are connected
12/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 6 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?