Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an Electrolux stove. Duel fuel. The electric oven…

Customer Question
I have an Electrolux...

I have an Electrolux stove. Duel fuel. The electric oven started to heat up a lot slower this past week. Takes a long time to pre-heat and loses temp quickly when door is opened.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 5 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I could if it's something that doesn't require special tools.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Something else I noticed. When I pre-heat on non-convection, the fan still still runs. I hadn't noticed that previously.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 6 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

still needing some help. Did some other research. Believe the issue is that I’m only getting 110v to my oven when it’s wired for 220v. I checked for a breaker in back of the oven that could be reset and didn’t find one. I did notice one of the pcb’s had some smoke damage.

you are correct about the 220v that will certainly have to be fixed first. Now when you say smoke damage does there seem to be anything melted or anything like that? If the board has damage then it is most certainly the problem that you are having and will need to be replaced. Its basically your computer on the appliance. If its damaged certain parts, or the unit as a whole will not function.