Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Profile microwave and convection oven. Was using…

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE Profile microwave and convection oven. Was using it the other day and it went completely powerless. No display or anything. I replaced breaker but no change.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

House was built in 2006

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of. It has a warmer also.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
I need my answer since I have paid for it.
12/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 6 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

What is the model number of your unit? It sounds like the control board has more then likely died and is going to need to be replaced.

Model number is ***** 01

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/WB27X11021/0022/364.html?modelNumber=PSB2201NSS01&categoryName=Built-In Microwave Oven&brandName=GE

this is your power board that is going to need to be replaced. Its right behind i n the area where all the buttons and everything are.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

I replace the power control as you advised and it did not do anything. I asked another source and it was 99% that it is always the fuse. I replaced it and all is well. I spent 200.00 on paying you and buying the control board not counting my time. If it is 99% the fuse you should have known that or not been given an answer. I expect all my money back for the answer and I may still contact Just Answer for the rest of the money. I need a quick response since you need to be liable for what you cost others with your responses.

we​ll in most cases I would recommend the fuse but I could have sworn in your beginning question that you said you replaced the fuse. That is my total mistake. I don't know about 99% of the time but yes the fuse can be a possible problem sometimes. I can certainly have your funds refunded. I was not paid for my answer anyway because you didn't rate me. Either way no need to rate now I will send this in for a refund. I am sorry that this unfortunate event happened.

i can not rate until I know you answer is correct or not. I will rate once I see a refund. Before would not be a good thing. You just cost me around 175 for a 7.00 part. You need to look back and see if I said I replaced the fuse and if you ever asked if I had replaced it. This is not acceptable.

I do apologize that this happened. I mean there is not much more that I can do other then that. I have read back and see that it was my misunderstanding. I thought it said you had no power so replaced the breaker and the fuse but that is not what it said.

like I said I have sent it in for a refund from your just answer deposit account. I do not have your money.