Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Thank you for being there for me I have a maytag front-load…

Customer Question
Thank you for being...

Thank you for being there for me I have a maytag front-load washing machine model MHWE201YWOO SERIAL # HL21762234 TYPE H32-A THE main door seal appears to be leaking

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

MHWE201YWOO IS THE MODEL ## I guess it to be 7 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't know how complex is it to replace the main vinyl/rubber door seal?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Pearl, if you can help me with the leak I will be most gratified

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 6 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today. Please give me a few minutes to review your question. Thank you for your patience.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 6 months ago

The replacement door gasket you need is :

Washer Door Boot

Part #: W10290499 - click here for part info at sears

Here is a video that shows how to replace the gasket, the washer in the video is not your exact model so there a little difference in appearance but its basically the exact same procedure to replace yours as the one in the video. click here for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.