Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our machine is 3 yrs old and lock button is blinking and not…

Customer Question
Our machine is 3...

Our machine is 3 yrs old and lock button is blinking and not staying on

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

No. It hasn’t happpened before i don’t have number with me

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Our internet is slow and I’m away fro pm my house

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The drain and spin work and it senses and fill up with water but then the lock mechanism goes off

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
If you need the model number I will need to email you the number in 30minutes
I can do this char
I can only do live chat for a few minutes
Can u call me or email your responses..
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician

Unfortunately I am not able to phone you, as it is only supported for USA domestic calls, I am in Australia

Can you please advise the Make and Model so I can provide specific information

Thanks

Make. Whirlpool
Model. WTW 4900 BW 1
Serial. C 42732317
3 years old
I would like a response this evening because my son is home and can help make decisions on repair. Thank you

LID LOCKED
To allow for proper load sensing and
spinning, the lid will lock and the Lid
Locked light will turn on. This light
indicates that the lid is locked and
cannot be opened.
If you need to open the lid, press
START/Pause. The lid will unlock once
the washer movement has stopped.
This may take several minutes if the
load was spinning at high speed. Press
START/Pause again to resume the cycle.
Avoid opening the lid during sensing. The
sensing process will start over when the
washer is restarted.

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more. It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions or lead you to a solution, please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.

The washer is not working completely because the lid will not remain locked. The lock button flashes and then shuts DG ager sensing. Washer then stops
I selected the drain adspin and the it worked and let the water drain.
Locked button shuts off after a few seconds of sensing Sorry for typos

Was there any reason the latch may have become slightly loose or damaged I wonder ?

No. it was not damaged
Could something else be wrong with the washer.

My opinion, given the release is not functioning as it should, is that there is an issue with the latch itself.... may be misaligned, jammed with lint etc, or otherwise not engaging as it should
May be mechanical, may be electronic
It is not something that can be readily diagnosed at distance
My advice is to call a Service Tech to come out, as they will have a replacement latch available if it requires this doing

Please be aware that not all things can be resolved at home or in the way we might hope, some may need closer inspection and intervention, others are simply not feasible or advised, so please do not shoot the messenger, it is to save you time, money and the threat of unwanted repercussions.

I am not happy with these answers
I did not learn anything new or informative about the problem
I could not even receive a phone call either and will not use "just answer" in the future
Disappointed

I cannot be expected to resolve mechanical issues from Australia via email... not all things you hope for can be resolved just because you wish them so

Happy New Year

I had no idea you were from Australia
I was misled in thinking this could be resolved via email
I will want my money back
Happy New Year