Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just removed the water filter in my side by side Hotpoint,

Customer Question
I just removed the...

I just removed the water filter in my side by side Hotpoint, and it shot off. I installed a new filter, and no water comes out of the dispenser. I removed the new filter, and it shot off.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Fridge is 9 years old. Model HSS25GFTG WW. Ice maker stopped working 2 week ago, and I thought it might be the filter. I've now had 2 brand new filters and ice maker still doesn't work. And now the water doesn't work.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

It sounds like the line was under pressur and may be frozen if neither work. Can you try defrosting the unit for a couple hours and then try it?

How do I do that?

Can you put your items in a cooler and defrost the unit? Just unplug it and open the doors.