Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I woke up one morning and the washer was empty,lid was open…

Customer Question
I woke up one...

I woke up one morning and the washer was empty,lid was open an the pump was running. I pressed the on off button but it wouldn't respond, I had to unplug it. A few days later I needed to do some wash so I plugged it back in and it started doing the same thing so what do I do now?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Centennial-mod# ***** type 588-20

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I cannot afford anyone else to do it.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It was donnated from Home Depot for the Senior and disability stay at home programm but I didn't get any paperwork with it but it says that there is suposed to be a 10 year warrenty

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

This washer did not have a manufactures 10 years warranty on it only a 1 year warranty from Maytag.

and if the unit has the drain pump running and nothing else with out you even touching the unit you have a issue with in the electronic control board.

Can you please look at the model number once again please.

I find nothing on the number you have given of mvc415ew1

Well, I checked again and that is the # under the lid on the back of the interior. There are other #'s serv# ***** and on the back of the machine there is a parts # c010692538 white

Well all I can tell you is Maytag is telling me there is no such number as mvc415ew1

are you sure that you do not have some back wards or your not missing something?

I have even entered that number in to a parts dealers web site and it the number is ***** close it will populate and it is not bringing anything up under the number of mvc415ew1

Are you sure the model number is ***** MVWC415EW2 were you missed the W after the V ?