Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Maytag Model MBR2256KES Frig up/Freezer Dn is not

Customer Question
My Maytag Model MBR2256KES...

My Maytag Model MBR2256KES Frig up/Freezer Dn is not cooling. Freezer is working fine. I have replaced the Evaporator fan, Thermistor, Deforst Thermostat and Damper control module. Cleaned the coils and defrosted the ice buildup at the drain port and along the bottom of the rear condenser coils. Refirg cooling improved but not totally repaired. Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

10.5 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

There is a copper tube running along the back edge of the drain plate? Not sure what that is? Also, the condenser fan motor spins by hand but seems to stop at the poles of the magnetic field. Not what I would say is "freely". The temperature control panel seems to read up and down correctly.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.
are you sure that this (copper tube) you see is not the defrost heating element

And if you open the fresh food section doors and feel in the fresh food section vent do you feel any air flow coming out of the vent?

t

The vent is at the top. Refrig top/freezer down. The defrost heating element is located around the rear condenser coil according to the parts diagram and is found behind the rear panel of the freezer. Are there 2 deforst elements?
I think the copper tube is actually the tubing from the bottom evaporator coil?
The damper does open and air is coming out although not forcibly?
As I said, I replaced the evaporator fan, defrost thermmostat, thermistor and the damper control assembly last night.
I also cleaned all dust and there was a clogged drain which I also cleared.
34;Clogged" meaning with ICE and was thawed out.
I used a turkey baster and made sure water flowed through drain to drain basin.
Are you still there?
John, Home Appliance Technician