Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My microwave light would come on sometimes and sometimes…

Customer Question
My microwave light would...

My microwave light would come on sometimes and sometimes not. When the light doesn't come on it keeps saying "door" now one of the door latches is stuck and it will not cook at all

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I bought it in March 2017, it is Amana AMV2307PFW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to, I cannot take it down by myself to take it anywhere

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, I don't think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You'll want to call warranty to fix this issue. It's a well known problem and Whirlpool will fix it under warranty. There are 3 door switches for safety reasons and the middle door switch with 3 terminals on it is failing which is why it says "door" on the screen and refuses to run. This door switch wasn't durable from the factory so the switch has been re-designed to handle more electricity. Both the switch and the fuse need to be replaced. Warranty's number is *****

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thanks, ***** ***** your help but for $5.00 I should have just called whirlpool. Happy New Year!

I'm sorry, I wish I could control what fails but I hope you understand I can only give you an accurate truthful answer. You have a great New Year as well. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today as that is how I get credit for helping you.