Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Jenair svd4869B door is locked after cleaning and won't

Customer Question
Jenair svd4869B door is...

Jenair svd4869B door is locked after cleaning and won't unlock. been more than 72 hours

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

10+ years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Had work done on it in November they replaced the oven sensor board and relay board. but now won't open is their a code?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, just how to get the lock to in lock

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

After a self clean mode of the door will not unlock you may end up having to call for a service call.

Due to a door lock /latch failure.

But have you tried to set the self clean again and then after 30 seconds cancel the clean mode?

If not let`s try that now.

Yep it is still locked

ok If setting a clean cycle and then cancelling it did not unlock the oven door you need to call for service to have a hands on tech try to unlock the door ,they may have to break the door latch .lock assembly to get the door open again .

Not anything we can do by just pressing buttons .

o.k.

Keep in mind, I can only give you truthful information as simply telling you only what you wish to hear but what may not necessarily be true would only hurt you. If you are upset at your situation but not by the quality of my answer, please consider rating positively as I am only a messenger. If you simply want more information, feel free to reply and let me know - I am here to help you to your satisfaction. If you have other concerns, reply and let me know. I am here to make sure you are satisfied."?

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.