Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have "Control Locked" light on. How do I get rid of it?

Customer Question
I have "Control Locked"...

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just this morning

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How do I get rid of it?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

I need to know what kind of an appliance your question is on!

Not a clue. Can' t open the door to find it. It's at least 15 years old, Whirlpool Duet washer

ok that is all I need .

On the right hand side of the console press and hold the cycle signal button for 5 seconds or until the lock goes off!

The cycle signal will unlock the control board for you .

Cycle signal is off, but door is still locked.

ok now unplug the unit for 5 minutes that should unlock the door .

Then plug it back in and see if in fact the door is then unlocked?