Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore bottom freezer, model795.6900 or that

I have a Kenmore...

I have a Kenmore bottom freezer, model795.6900 or that range, I liked through my care book but the control in the refrigerator has an Er where the frog temp is and dH where the freezer temp should be. I can find nothing in these wonderful handouts to help. Can you?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Yes it was purchased on 4/17/12

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to know what the message indicates is wrong first

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. The refrigerator has been working just fine and so has the freezer. Just noticed this error message this am

Answered in 1 minute by:
12/28/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Er dH means that your defrost heater isn't working inside your freezer. Everything inside the freezer would need to be removed and the entire back panel inside the freezer would need to be taken out. You'll see the heater running below the silver evaporator coils behind the back panel inside the freezer. If you have a multimeter, you can test the heater for continuity and if it has no continuity---replace your defrost heater. If it does have continuity, you need to order and replace the defrost sensor clipped onto the top of the silver coils because it's stopping the unit from defrosting.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I wanted to ask Tyler another question about the repair. Martha Garrison
I do not want to do the repair myself but do I schedule a repair person through you or do I call another number?

We don't do house calls through this service. You'd want to call Sears to schedule an appointment or any local appliance repair shop that works on LG units (since this model is actually made by LG for Sears).

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc