Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Even if I press the button cooling off for 3seconds it’s Not…

Customer Question
Hi, even if I...

Hi, even if I press the button cooling off for 3seconds it’s Not working and the refrigarator is loosing its freezing and coldness

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Whirpool model WRF560SFYH01

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No it’s the first time I am having problem with it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes I can do it myself!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

So are you saying that if you press the cooling OFF button the unit does not turn off?

I`m not showing the model you have given has a Cooling OFF button .

When the cooling has been turned off it has a COOLING OFF icon on the display screen .

Your refrigerator and freezer will not cool when cooling is turned off.

■ To turn cooling off, press and hold both the FAST COOL and MOISTURE CONTROL buttons, at the same time, for 3 seconds. When cooling is off, the Cooling Off icon will appear on the display

■ To turn cooling back on, press and hold both the FAST COOL and MOISTURE CONTROL buttons, at the same time, for 3 seconds. When cooling is on, the Cooling Off icon will disappear and the previously selected settings will be displayed.

I suspect your seeing the COOLING OFF icon .

So you need to turn the unit back on using the fast cool and moisture control keypads and hold them for the 3 seconds.

Let me know if this is correct or not please.

Are you STILL there?

I see you have asked your questions ,but not viewed my reply back to you , so just reply back when you can .