Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The washer will fill but not start. Mtw5870two probably 10…

Customer Question
The washer will fill...

The washer will fill but not start

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Mtw5870two probably 10 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I changed the clips on the bottom of the agitator a year ago

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If the washer only fills and does nothing else, not even the timer will advance is that correct?

That is correct

ok You have a bad lid switch assembly , if the lid is down .

Is the lid in fact down?

Did I loose you?

If the lid is closed and the unit only fills and nothing else you need to replace the lid switch assembly.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

the lid is doen
Doen
Thank you

ok it is down so you will need to order the lid switch and replace it .

Glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Thank you in advance and have a Safe and Happy New Year!