Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have the CT30E/S model cooktop. I cannot get the lock to…

Customer Question
I have the CT30E/S...

I have the CT30E/S model cooktop.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I cannot get the lock to turn off and 888 is showing up in error area,

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

Maybe 3 years old, it's in a guest house and hasn't been used very much

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The back burner has rotating red lines around the dial but doesn't turn on

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Have you tried to shut the breaker off for a full 2 minutes then turn it back on to see if it will reset? If it does not you likely have a control board issue. See what happens and let me know.

Happy Holidays..All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!