Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Lg refrigerator's freezer isn't keeping my food frozen. Lg…

Customer Question
Lg refrigerator's freezer isn't...

Lg refrigerator's freezer isn't keeping my food frozen

Contractor's Assistant: What LG model do you have? How old is it?

Lg French door with freezer on bottom its 18 months old

Contractor's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your LG? What happened right before this?

About a week just notice ice cream starting to thaw

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Okay, pull the unit out so you can get behind it. Remove the back lower panel to access the compressor area and condenser fan. Check and see if the fan is running and also see if the compressor is vibrating or not, plus see if the compressor is hot ,cold or warm to the touch. please post back to me with what you have found. Also note anything you have changed out part wise or have done and not mentioned in your original post. I am helping other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

Compresor warm and fan is working i also removed a lot of lint covering the ventilation opening

OK can you keep your hand on the compressor or is it really hot?

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!