Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool Microwave oven has a code F1E4 NW POWER RELAY.

Customer Question
Whirlpool Microwave oven has...

Whirlpool Microwave oven has a code F1E4 NW POWER RELAY. model WMH32419CT1

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2004 WMH32519CT1

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't closed the door with out the code coming up and the unit is making a noise. Did unplug for a couple of minutes and plugged back in and the code is still there.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be!

If you close the door with water in the microwave, will the water heat if left for 30 seconds?

Can't close door till I get rid of code or figure out what it means.

Is the door not able to close or do you keep it open to prevent it from running?

The code beeps when the door is closed so I have to leave it open or unplug it to close the door

Can't close the door because the code beeps when the door is closed so I leave the door open or unplug. I can't reset it.

But if you close the door, as it beeps, is the unit getting powered to heat water?

It's will not let me program any thing till the code is reset

I know it won't let you program anything. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The main electronic control will need to be replaced, number 4 at the link below.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would like instructions for replacing that control, just let me know! :)

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!