Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Frigidare Gallery side by side with dual ice makers…

Customer Question
I have a Frigidare...

I have a Frigidare Gallery side by side with dual ice makers and neither one works. The top IM sounds like it's trying to make ice but no cubes are produced. I've replaced the water filter a couple of times. Any idea what could be wrong

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

8-10 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have the model and SN if that helps

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
12/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 month ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Did they both go out at the same time?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Relatively speaking but no not at the same time. The bottom stopped working first and then a few weeks after that we started having problems with the top. The top continued to work intermittently for about 6 additional months. To be clear the ice makers have had problems for over a year now. The bottom hasn't worked for probably a year and a half.

Ok just pour some water in each unit and see if either dump the batch at all after a couple hours and let me know. Use a Dixie cup or something like that to fill the mold.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok

Thanks

John, Home Appliance Technician