Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The hot cooktop light is on constantly, and the related

Customer Question
Hi. the hot cooktop...

Hi. the hot cooktop light is on constantly, and the related heating element does not get fully heated.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About a month

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It's a GE profile electric range, 10+ years.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

10 years old; all I can find is "GE Profile"...

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Can you get me the complete model number off the tag on the frame of the unit. Open the drawer or door and it should be on the frame tag.

jb900sok1ss
hello?

Yes I just got your post checking right now.

OK so do you mean one of the cooktop burner indicator lights is on?