Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore stove 790.42553314 the customer complains…

Customer Question
I have a Kenmore stove...
I have a Kenmore stove 790.42553314 the customer complains that none of the surface heating elements work I have ordered and received the main control board. I just wanted you guys over sight before the installation. Could it be something else. Also if I replace this control does it require sinking the new control to the touch pad?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

So you are replacing the touch control correct?

AP5989157

OK I do not think that will solve the issue. Does the oven work?

the oven does work
I looked at the print and I didn't see anything else in line from the 220 supply and the elements but I sometimes get lost with a set of prints ???

OK this can be only a couple things, either the power relay board is bad...part CLICK HERE or you have a bad interface. Does the interface appear to be working for the burners?

Im not at the customers location so I dont know exactly what its doing...The customer complains that the surface elements were not working I must admit I dot know what an interface is ???
Ok ..I've been to the customers location, Here is the story..This is a brand new oven / stove install and the customer has been moving wires around to try to get it to work. I think there is a high probability that he got a 110 led to the neutral position. I do know that it now has the right 220 configuration at the plug and on the stove. (i looked up interface and that is the touch pad....Here is the current situation the oven will come on both bake and broil however according to them it has no temperature control; it just burn's all the food up. The warmer drawer will come on at the touch pad and will run up and down on the temperature settings (i dont know weather or not the stove is following that control) The surface burners touch pads controls have no LED s and the surface elements never come on

I am sorry the site server went down for most of the day. Tell them to take it back if they back fed the neutral line with a hot wire that would have damaged all the controls in the unit.

Sir. The customer never said that they hooked L1 to the neutral, that was supposition on my part on. Im in the repair business, I make my money repairing appliances. Where do I make my money if he takes it back to Sears? I have given you the symptoms of the stove either answer my question or pass this question on to an expert that has the technical skill to do so!!!!

Are you doing the warranty work on this?

When I got to the customers location it was wired correctly
What difference does that make to you? ill say again, If you dont have the skill to direct me on the repair than pass the question on to someone that can.
Here is how this thing works: I pay Just answer a fee and you direct me on repairs. You are out of line telling me how to address my customer

Stand by for someone else to help.