Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The dryer does not heat. Nexxt 500. If I can. 10 years old…

Customer Question
The dryer does not...

The dryer does not heat

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Nexxt 500

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

10 years old

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Unplug the unit and remove the back panel on the unit there are a lot of T15 torx screws to remove. Once they are all off you can get to the heater and check if the thermal reset is tripped. There is a thermostat mounted to the heater duct housing that may be tripped. Often you can just press the reset button on it...CLICK HERE IMAGE.. Check that and see and if that is fine then you may have a burned out heater. You would have to test that at the heater terminals for continuity.

Happy Holidays..All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!