Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Kenmore 110 60902990 Dryer starts and produces heat then…

Customer Question
Kenmore 110 60902990 Dryer...

Kenmore 110 60902990 Dryer starts and produces heat then shuts down with in a minuet. I have disconnected the vent, same thing. Bad Motor?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It was given to me over ten years ago, it had a bad motor then and I replaced it.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes for about two years 12 years ago I worked for sears as a tech. Forgot a lot. :)

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Like said It starts then quits with in a minuet.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
12/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 month ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Are you saying that the heat shuts off or that the entire dryer shuts off?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The entire dryer shuts down, I will also note that we have never been able to get the dryer to run on low heat.

ok and when the entire dryer shuts off are you able to turn it right back on or doe you have to wait fro several minutes for it to be able to restart?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We have to wait.

ok then yes it is a drive motor issue.

The thermal overload is getting hot and opening ,that is why you have to wait for it to cool down for it to operate again .

Have you taken the dryer apart to verify the motor is not covered in lint ? that will make it over heat also .

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Vent looks clean, pulled the front vent box and fairly clean also. I'm getting ready to pull the dryer down now. as a former Sears Tech I have cleaned it a couple of times so just what I can see so far it doesn't look to dirty. Ihaven't been in the industry for 12 years are so I appreciate the help. Any idea why I can't get the dryer to dry on low heat?

on low heat it will not heat at all or it just does not give you low temperature heat?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Always runs hot, like the thermostat isn't cycling or the four position switch isn't working.

this unit has an electronic dryness control board inside the console.

I suspect it is the issue.

I can give you links to the motor and to the dryness control if you would like.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We never use the Auto Moisture Sensing part of the timer just use the standard part of the timer. Does that make a difference?

no the dryness control works in both auto and times cycles.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well I had better look at that also, I need to beable to set the fabric Temp also. The wife isn't happy about that part of the dryer. I need to be able to trouble shoot that also.

no trouble shooting on the electronic control board it either works or it does not .

If you get no low heat the control board needs to be replaced.

I`m showing the control board is $141.15 and then the price of the motor ,not sure if this older dryer is worth it or not .

But I can give you parts links if you would like.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sure give them to me, I may just put the motor in to get us by as we are moving into an apartment above our garage and will be renting this place out soon.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
Dryness control
---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Motor

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Master Tech
Master Tech