Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE dishwasher 4 yrs old will not drain. I removed the…

Customer Question
My GE dishwasher 4...

My GE dishwasher 4 yrs old will not drain. I removed the filter cleaned it and found a tooth pick under it but it still will not drain. Bill Smith Appliance where I bought it can't come out till Jan 5. Plz can u help. ***** *****e

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I bought it 10/14/2013 model number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No way. i was scared to take the filter out knowing it was plugged in. I am 75 and usually not nervous about home repairs, but i will gladly try anything. i have 6 people staying with us this week so you can imagine i need my dishwasher!!!!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have run it several times took the plate holder out but no luck yet

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be!

Do you know how the drain hose is connected to your home's plumbing below the sink?