Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Whirlpool Microwave model WMH53520 CW-6 will often not…

Customer Question
My Whirlpool Microwave model...

My Whirlpool Microwave model WMH53520 CW-6 will often not start until and unless I open and close the door. I get a sign telling me to do that, and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. More often than not, I have to open and close the door several times before the machine will do its job. Yesterday, it took 10 minutes and many tries before it would work. Very, very annoying, especially in the midst of preparing a meal.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It was installed in my kitchen in August, 2014. I bought it at Sears.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If by work you mean repair, I'm not qualified to do that,

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, that's it. The machine has never failed to work, eventually, and it does a great job. I like it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be!

This is a common problem but one that is easily corrected. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The door switches are having issues, see numbers 7 & 9 at the link below.

CLICK HERE

Those switches are available below. There are also videos at that same link showing how they are replaced!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!