Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Refrigerator lights erratic. Not burned out bulbs. Model…

Customer Question
Refrigerator lights erratic....

Refrigerator lights erratic. Not burned out bulbs. Model Model LG-LFX259260SB

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Perhaps 10 years. Sometimes light is hot when I open door which suggests that it was still on when door closed

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have already replace a motor part myself. I can replace parts

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not Sure

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That was a really common issue, you will need a new rear main control board to fix that issue. LG had used undersized relays for the lighting circuit. They have since corrected the issue by putting in bigger relays on the new board to correct the lights not working or staying stuck on....CLICK HERE PART go behind the unit and there is a small square access cover to remove and then you can change out the plug and play control.

Happy Holidays..All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!