Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag top load washer won’t fill. Checked hoses & screens,

Customer Question
Maytag top load washer...

Maytag top load washer won’t fill. Checked hoses & screens, all good. Took screens out, still won’t fill.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Maytag Bravos XL, 4 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

IS there power to the fill valves? Also what is the complete model number off the unit?

Model. W10550277APower is working, just used last night, no problem

Look on the frame edge when you open the lid for the model, the W105 number you listed is not it the model starts with 3-4 letters

MVWB880BW0

After you turn it on do you her the valves humming?

Ok so if you have a good water supply to it for sure the valve is bad. Double check the water supply and then replace the valve.

CLICK HERE VALVE

CLICK HERE VIDEO

Happy Holidays..All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

What valve??

The valve on the unit the main fill valve.

No idea where that is or how to do it

Did you not get my post with the links to the part and video of how to install it?

Ok, looks like we need to call for service. Thanks!

No problem I completely understand hope those links helped out......Happy Holidays..All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!