Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Washer won't spin yes I can turn the agitator by hand I can…

Customer Question
Washer won't spin yes...

Washer won't spin yes I can turn the agitator by hand I can turn the tub by hand but hard

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

5 years MA WE677BWHO

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Can you double check the model there is something wrong with it.

KaWE677BWHO

OK does it agitate and does the unit pump out the water when set to spin?

If you can send written procedure that will be find
The pump works do I need to fill with water to see agitate?

Yes please see if it agitates as that will tell me what is wrong with it right away.

That will take some time. Stand bt
Filling now

Ok sounds good I am here all night

Will Not agitate but will drain but will not apin
Water is all out I can turn the agitator at bottom a short distance I feel movement but still wont spin
Agitator will only turn about 1/5 turn
When it is to be agitating there is no water recycling a clicking noise is sometime heard the agitator can be turned about 1/5 turn back and forth.grabbing bottom of agitator
Does drain good

OK that is a common issue you have a bad drive coupler. Can you remove the top and front of the unit?

This is something I'm going to have to work on..Can you send pictures on how this's is done
Cannot remove front

You have to remove the middle panel beteween the two units, then there are large pop clips on the back egdes of the top to pry up to unclip with a flat blade screw driver, then the top will slide forward and lift off. Then you can remove the screws on the top edge of the front panel to get that off and out of the way.