Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a fridge on top freezer on bottom both quit working…

Customer Question
I have a fridge...

I have a fridge on top freezer on bottom both quit working any ideas?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

7 years old amana

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The light comes on but the digital read out on the water despensor won't come on.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• Unplug the refrigerator for 5 full minutes. Does the panel come back to life?
  • May I have the model number from the refrigerator, please?

Got it, thank you. Any change after unplugging?

No

Shoot, that is not what we wanted! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare.

On the back of the cabinet after pulling the refrigerator out, you will see a small panel on the left side. That is the main control that will need to be replaced. All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy repair. The board you need for your model is available below.

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!