Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a fridge on top freezer on bottom both quit working

Customer Question

I have a fridge on top freezer on bottom both quit working any ideas?
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: 7 years old amana
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The light comes on but the digital read out on the water despensor won't come on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
  • Unplug the refrigerator for 5 full minutes. Does the panel come back to life?
  • May I have the model number from the refrigerator, please?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Did you get the picture
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Got it, thank you. Any change after unplugging?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Shoot, that is not what we wanted! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare.

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

On the back of the cabinet after pulling the refrigerator out, you will see a small panel on the left side. That is the main control that will need to be replaced. All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy repair. The board you need for your model is available below.

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!