Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Self cleaning oven doesn't work. It appears that the oven…

Customer Question
Self cleaning oven doesn't...

Self cleaning oven doesn't work. It appears that the oven doesn't lock therefore the cleaning system will not go on. The lock can be put on and removed manually.On the control panel small rectangles appeared. Does inhibit the stove from working.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Eletrolux model EW30ES65GSB

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Probably not I have two left hands, I am a bookkeeper

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's it. can you provide a repair service that will help. What I have read on the internet in this area they are not too smashing

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/27/2017
Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 6 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Y​ou can try pressing the lock icon for a few seconds (3 per manufacturer) and see if that disables the lock feature. You also want to make sure you are not on a timed or delayed mode that is preventing the oven from self cleaning. Here is a link to the manual for reference. If you require further assistance let me know. Make sure to select Owners Manual, not install manual.

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/ew30es65gsb/1412/0124160.html

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Tried what you recommended. Manually locking the lock works fine. Called up the owners manual. It was difficult to read because there are small rectangular lights that constantly stay on. These inhibit reading what is in the manual. At this point I will try to find a appliance repair locally. Thank you.

Thank you for the reply and information... too bad it wasn't a simple resolve this time, perhaps the service tech will find something easy and no parts to replace. In order for this question to close however, it requires a rating based on how the expert responded, as explained below. Please note the rating has nothing to do with receiving a credit or refund, if applicable. You can always come back to the question at a later time and I will try to assist if possible, and happy new year to you and family.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave