Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our bottom oven (non convection one) of the GE profile wall…

Customer Question
Hi, Our bottom oven...

Hi, Our bottom oven (non convection one) of the GE profile wall set stopped heating up past today 265* today

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Its about 10 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible, we would like to do the work on our own, but would be open to hiring someone too. 326B1230P001 is the model number

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We started using the top oven, and then tried warming up the bottom one again, and after an hour it finally says its heated to 350 on the display, however the actual oven temp is defiantly not that hot. I think the top oven heat is tricking the sensor into thinking it has reached 350.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 7 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

Hi Travis, Yes we are still needing help. I tested the broiler on the bottom oven, and it is working, just not the normal bake mode.

so​ the bottom elelment is working but not the top element? The bottom should be the bake and the top should be the broil. Can you grab me the model number from the inside of the oven door please.

The model number is ***** - The top broiler element is working, We think the bottom element is either not working, or its a computer issue.
Sadly the number you provided is an I’d number not a model number.