Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I had an F8 E1 no water alarm on my WFW70HEBW washer. I

Customer Question
I had an F8...

I had an F8 E1 no water alarm on my WFW70HEBW washer. I unplugged the power before pressing the power button, as described in the manual.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Bought in 2007, Whirlpool Duet Model WFW70HEBW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I hope so, I do not think there is any mechanical problem, just that the alarm needs to be cleared.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, I think I just need to understand how to reset or clear the alarm state that it seems to be stuck in

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

The error code of F8-E1 NO WATER DETECTED ENTERING WASHER OR PRESSURE SENSOR TRIP NOT DETECTED

The washer does not detect water input after 13 minutes of filling.

And if the unit is unplugged and then your pressing the power button that will not do anything.

the only reset on this washer is to unplug the washer for 5 minutes and then plug it back tin to try and reboot the electronic control board .

Thank you so much. When I went back down to check, it had unlocked and cleared, so that it did restart. I appreciate your good help.

No problem ,glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Thank you in advance and have a Safe and Happy New Years!

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.