Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I recently bought a new filter for my GE french door, bottom…

Customer Question
I recently bought a...

I recently bought a new filter for my GE french door, bottom freezer refrigerator. I bought a GE brand filter RPWFE for it. I have been trying for several days now to get it in and it just won't go in. I compare it to the old filter and it is just slightly different on top. I read online where GE had just recently redesigned those filters so now I am wondering if I will ever get it in. I have watched tutorial videos too, and no luck. They make it look easy and it is just NOT being easy. Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I have had it about 21/2 years now-bought in February 2015. It is a GFE29HGDHWW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I've been trying

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't know that there is a way to send a pic of the 2 filters.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

See the link below. Is this the filter you are trying to install?

CLICK HERE

Different label on the one I just bought but same part number and it also says it is a GE product on it.

Did you order it or buy it locally?