Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

GE profile range. the central grill burner and 3 of the 4…

Customer Question
GE profile range....

GE profile range. the central grill burner and 3 of the 4 regular burners won't ignite. I have to use a match.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Hmm - I don't know. It is in a house I just bought.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Ovens ignite fine.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Use sand paper to clean the igniter electrodes and the area of the burner each sparks to. Does the ignition behavior change?

I’ll try that

Sounds good, keep me posted! :)

Kelly, Appliance Technician