Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

There is no water coming into my dishwasher. There is no…

Customer Question
There is no water...

There is no water coming into my dishwasher

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

There is no water coming into my dishwasher. GE model GDT535PSJOSS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not really unless it's simple

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Unless it's simple

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 month ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the dishwasher won't fill up with water and you're sure it's getting water from your house. Check the float switch. The float switch is part 308 on the diagram attached below. You'll need to remove the bottom wash arm and filters and such to get access to the float switch barrel. Pull this out and look through the side slots to make sure the center float isn't stuck up from gunk build up. Clean it out and make sure the float inside slides down. Re-connect everything and try again. If it still won't fill, then you're looking at a bad electronic water valve or control board. You'd have to test power to the valve to know if it's getting power from the board or not.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did what you said and no water appearred. Your next suggestion was very complicated about a bad electric something. This was a total waste of money, I called Lowe’s, Home Depot, Walmart, and they all had a citric acid pack that took care of it in 30 seconds. I will never use this site again. My rating is zero

ok sounds good.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc