Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

When I try to preheat my oven the letters ES F2 come up and…

Customer Question
When I try to...

When I try to preheat my oven the letters ES F2 come up and it won't set

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is 13 years old It worked fine yesterday but a visitor tried to turn it off and I think they may have hit the wrong numbers Both ovens do the same thing My model is KSS02 and serial number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I think it is just a wrong setting

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What does ES F2 indicate?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This error you're getting means that your touch control panel thinks there is a shorted button. Unplug the oven or flip the breaker off for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, the entire touch control panel will need to be replaced and you'll need the full model number to look up the part. The model you have listed is just a partial model. The full model is located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and seen if you open the oven door.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?